Contact the HR Department if you are interested in applying for the following position: HCC KITCHEN SUPERVISOR.
Title: Kitchen Supervisor
Department: HCC Facilities
Supervision: Assistant Dean of Administration
Open Application Dates: 8/27/2018 – 9/10/2018
Hourly Need: 35 hours per week
This position handles the day-to-day processes of the HCC kitchen, including preparing and serving food, cleaning the equipment, checking supplies and rotating food stock. It communicates to the staff the necessary instructions to ensure that meals are prepared and served in a timely and safe manner. The supervisor is responsible for the oversight of personnel, ordering, menu preparation, food preparation, and cooking, serving and general cleanliness of the kitchen. The supervisor is responsible for insuring that all food and supplies from various vendors are ordered.
- Cooking and preparing meals
- Plan menus, apportion ingredients, and use food surpluses
- Control portion costs by working out the number of portions per food batch
- Conduct regular purchasing of food, produce, and kitchen supplies
- Organizing the inventory, storage, and distribution of foodstuffs and supplies
- Ensuring that the kitchen is a safe and hygienic place to work
- Direct activities of one or more workers who assist in preparing and serving meals.
- Coordinate activities of food service staff.
- Supervising kitchen staff
- Develop and coordinate kitchen staff schedules and manage TOAF’s as needed to ensure all needed positions are covered.
- Additional Duties may be assigned
- Assistant Dean of Administration
- Position completes a formal Performance Appraisal annually.
- HCC Employee Handbook
- HCC Safety Manual
- HCC Policies and Procedures
Accountability/Consequence of Error
- Handling of company vehicles and other company property.
- Handling of company master keys
- Company credit card (when needed)
- The above resources are to be utilized in compliance with all company policies and procedures. Abuse, misuse or damage due to negligence of any of these tools will be subject to HCC disciplinary procedure up to and including termination.
- Confidentiality must be maintained regarding information pertaining to students at all times.
- HCC Administration
- HCC staff
- HCC students
- HCC Kitchen Staff
- Being able to lift 20 pounds.
- Being able to stand and walk around for six to eight hours during a shift.
- Being able to work in extremely cold conditions while stocking the freezer and cooler.
- Vehicle driving regular hazards (where applicable)
- Hazards associated with slipping and falling.
- Using sharp implements and the potential of cuts.
- Working with students and employees at various stages of the maturation process
- Nature of the Heartland Christian College environment in dealing with students at various stages of development and maturity.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics:
- A mature and vibrant spiritual life is a vital characteristic for daily student interaction.
- Knowledge and embodiment of HCC mission, vision and core values. Given the nature of our institution, this individual must be a person of integrity and hold a desire to help others to develop and live out their faith.
- General math skills.
- Strict attention to detail.
- Basic knowledge of finance.
- Skilled at documentation
- Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
- Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks
- Become familiar with industry’s best practices
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to communicate clearly to students, staff, and superiors.
- Ability to keep composure, as demonstrated by being professional with all students and staff.
- Knowledge of HCC regular policies.
- Ability to operate effectively as part of a team, as demonstrated by developing and maintaining constructive and cooperative relationships with superiors, peers and subordinates.
- Ability to use a computer efficiently to communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Good time management and planning skills.
- Comprehension of HCC flow chart.
- High School graduate or equivalence
- Proven Cooking Skills
- Prior experience in supervisory role
- Class E driver’s license (preferred)
- Please call the HCC offices for more information.