As of July 1, 2021, all HCC full-time employees are fully vaccinated. In addition, the Heartland community has no cases, and has had very few cases in the last several months. Due to these circumstances, the small student body, and the ability for any college student to receive Covid vaccinations, Heartland Christian College has in place the following Covid plan for fall 2021. This plan will be reviewed and may need to be altered as HCC monitors situations throughout the semester. The Communicable Disease Plan will be followed as circumstances dictate.
Fall 2021 Covid Plan:
- HCC recommends that all students get vaccinated prior to the fall semester. Pfizer, Moderna, or Johnson & Johnson are all easily available vaccines. While this is not mandatory, it is strongly recommended.
- Non-vaccinated students must provide a negative Covid test result to HCC prior to coming on-campus for the fall semester. This test must be taken within 3 days before arriving on campus (or within 3 days before Aug. 14th for students currently living in HCC housing).
- Masks are not required on-campus or in residences at this time, but are optional; the CDC still recommends masks and distancing for non-vaccinated people.
- All sick individuals (fever (100.4 or above), diarrhea, vomiting, etc.) are not to come to classes or the Legacy House and must be symptom free without the aid of medication for 24 hours before returning to these areas.
- Washing/Sanitizing hands regularly is highly recommended.
- The HCC Library will be open to the public.
Visitors to HCC buildings (other than library visitors) should be invited and pre-approved.
The current level of response = Green
To contact HCC, please call 660-284-4800 or email us at email@example.com.