Mail Request to:
Heartland Christian College (Attn. Admissions Office)
500 New Creation Rd., Newark, MO 63458
The following materials must be submitted to the above HCC address to complete the application process
- Application Form completed in full
- Reference Questionnaire Form completed by pastor or leader in home church/community
- Completed Health Form
- Official copy of High School transcripts (home-schooled/non-accredited high school students please see requirements under Admissions Criteria in Catalog)
- Official transcripts from all other higher education institutions attended
- Copy of ACT scores (not applicable for one-year certificates)
- Typed short personal testimony
- $50 Registration Fee (fee will be waived if all materials are submitted by June 1 for fall entry or October 1 for spring entry)
Once all of the above materials are received by HCC, an interview is scheduled with one or more members of HCC Administration.
General Admission Criteria
Students must meet the following criteria for admission to HCC:
- High school graduation or successful completion of the high school equivalency examination (GED)
- ACT results submitted to Registrar’s office
- Completed application
- Interview with member of Administration
- Parental approval (waived for applicants 18 years or older)
Homeschool/Non-Accredited High School Students
Heartland Christian College welcomes qualified home-schooled students and students from non-accredited high schools.
Non-Accredited High Schools
These applicants are given the same consideration for admission as students with a diploma from an accredited high school as long as the school supplies an official transcript.
If a non-accredited high school does not supply an official transcript, such students should request and include a Curriculum Chart form in addition to the general admissions criteria. This Chart is available from Admissions and when completed and signed, serves as a transcript.
Home Schooled Students
Home-schooled applicants with a diploma from a regionally accredited home study program are given the same consideration for admission as students with a diploma from an accredited school. A copy of the Home School Transcript should be included in admissions materials.
Applicants completing a non-accredited home school program crafted by parents or others should request and include a Curriculum Chart form in addition to the general admission criteria. This Chart is available from Admissions and when completed and signed, serves as a transcript.
Non-Degree Seeking Students
The admissions process for non-degree seeking students is an adaptation of the normal admissions process. Such students submit an Application for Admission form, available from Admissions. These applicants are not required to have a high school completion or equivalent; however, academic progress of these students is monitored in an attempt to help all students receive the most from their courses.
Non-degree seeking students are accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis,
Non-degree seeking students who choose to become degree-seeking follow the general admissions criteria for all incoming students.
Senior Bridge Admissions
Senior Bridge is a policy of Heartland Christian College that allows qualified Heartland Christian Academy (HCA) seniors to take part in and receive college credit for college courses while still in high school. This is not a dual enrollment, as HCA does not necessarily give high school credit for the college course(s) taken.
HCA students must have adequate high school credits to graduate within the year that application is made. They must also have a recommendation from a high school officer and parental consent before applying for admission to HCC.
The admissions process for such students is modified from the general admission criteria. Senior Bridge students must complete and submit a Senior Bridge form and an Application for Admission, available from Admissions. These are reviewed by the Administrative Council for admission to the Senior Bridge program.
Students who make application to Heartland Christian College are notified in writing once a decision has been reached regarding his/her admission to the college.
A. Non-Acceptance into Heartland Christian College
B. Acceptance into Heartland Christian College
C. Provisional Acceptance into Heartland Christian College
- May be extended to applicants who have not yet taken the ACT test
- May be extended to applicants who are missing some admissions criteria due to extenuating circumstances
- Once the terms of provisional acceptance are met, the student is granted full acceptance into HCC
- Failure to meet the terms of provisional acceptance results in establishing a plan of action with Administration. Failure to complete the plan of action results in the student’s withdrawal from HCC
Notice of Nondiscriminatory Policy:
Heartland Christian College is approved by the State of Missouri as a not-for-profit school operated by a religious organization under the exempt status. HCC admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its education policies, admission policies, loan programs, and other school-administered programs.